On Being Pregnant
I went to the doctor on Wednesday and he said I was at a 1 and 70% effaced... I know that can really mean nothing but hearing it made me realize that the end is in sight! I have been thinking a lot lately about the things I am more than excited to have back...
~No more Miss Piggy feet! My ankles and feet have been getting SOOO swollen, it looks so gross
~Fitting into my regular shoes. My 2 sizes too big flats I bought are even tight now.
~ Wearing high heels
~ Fingers not looking like sausages
~ Being able to work out normally so I can get back to wearing my regular clothes
~ Every limb and joint not hurting
~Sleeping without being uncomfortable... doesn't take every ounce of energy to roll over!
~ Sleeping on my stomach
~ Back not constantly hurting
~ Not having to pee every hour
~ Being able to wear my wedding ring again
~ No more Tums!
~Being able to cross my legs comfortably
But I will miss-
~ Feelings her move inside me
Ummm I think that's it!!
P.S. I think we might have a name we are both agreeing on! I'm not going to hold my breath or let everyone know what it is though, just in case it doesn't work out.
8 comments:
Not to burst your bubble, but I went from a shoe size 6 1/2 and now I wear an 8!!! So you MIGHT get to go shoe shopping. And after Autumn I waited for a year for the swelling in my fingers to go away and it didn't and I had to have my weding ring stretched. Our bodies are NEVER the same after having babies! And there are some harsh realities after having this sweet little baby of yours! Like NO SLEEP! SORE NIPPLES! NO SEX (for 6 weeks if all goes well....you know, crappy things but we all get through it!!!!
ditto to all except the feet...i havent gotten there quite yet but i think its starting. Also, i will miss putting davey's hand on my tummy and seeing him smile when the baby kicks :) i think its his favorite thing to do. Oh ya, and i will miss sleeping.
My feet grew a 1/2 size with almost each baby. I now wear 1 full size bigger than I used to. I can relate to all those things you want back though because I remember wanting all those when I was pregnant 4 times. I am so happy for you that it is almost over.
My feet grew a half size too. Weird how that works. Eight years later since my baby was born and I still miss feeling a baby inside me. I loved always having a companion, but I loved even more meeting my babies face to face. You wonder what they're going to look like, and once you finally see them, it's like they look exactly how they're supposed to. Did that make any sense? Just so excited for you!
Hey Cassie, I came across your blog through Sarah Nelson's and wanted to say congrats on your soon-to-be addition, and good luck with your delivery! Very very exciting. Right after I had my baby, it was so weird realizing I would often go all day without having to pee--it's funny how such little things are so nice to have "back to normal". All the other pains of pregnancy are so nice to have go away too, though like Melissa said then you have all the pains of recovery and breastfeeding. One day we'll all have our bodies back, right? :)
I hear you...I am so ready for all those things too....I don't know what I am going to do about shoes this winter. When I was pregnant with both Kennedy and Ellis I wore flip-flops every day....I think I may have to just brave the winter in them! And I can't wait to wear my wedding ring and not be wearing tents for clothes! :) Being pregnant is some seriously hard work. I can't wait to see your baby and I really want to help with whatever I can! Congrats Cassie!
You make me dread my future. SIGH! Pregnancy bites.
sad but true, my feet have permanetly grown about 1/2 size bigger, and I shrank height wise about 1/4 inch. and i don't really enjoy anything about being preggo except feeling the baby move and knowing that the child is contained.
Post a Comment