Ask and Ye Shall Recieve
Yesterday in sacrament meeting our newly called bishopric spoke. One of the counselor's talks really made me think and there were several things he talked about that made me have "aha" moments. He first talked about Joseph Smith and how he and a smiple yet importnant question in his life when wondering which church to join. He related that to us in these days, and how we probably don't simply just ask Heavenly Father for answers to small and simply things in our lives. Then he spoke on how the Lord has so many blessings in store for us beyond our comprehension and made this statement that I hasn't left my mind:
"It would be against the law of agency for the Lord to give us blessings we don't ask for"
Wow! He then went on to say that He is so willing and ready to bless us with those things we want and need, we simply need to do our part and ask for them! There are things in my life that I sometimes think, "why isn't this working out" or "I wonder why it's taking so long to figure this out", and I realize now that I'm not asking him for them to happen!
4 comments:
Wow... you just gave me an ah-ha moment! Thanks for sharing, Cass.
Funny, I recently had this exact experience!! I heard a lesson in RS on this topic and had my own a-ha moment. Then it was reinforced another time. Recently I took time in my prayers to ask the Lord for something we had been waiting for a long time and couldn't understand why it wasn't coming. A total testimony builder, but we asked and we recieved very shortly thereafter!! Isn't that awesome when these things happen?
Wow! That was an ah-ha moment for me too!
I need this reminder often.
Post a Comment