December 25, 2009

Avalynn's First Days of Life

Things in the Ames house have been going really well. My mom was here from the 10-17 and the day she left Brennen's mom got here for a few days. It was so nice to have so much help, I don't know what I would have done with out it. Avalynn is a little princess and is such a good baby! She took to nursing right away and literally sleeps like a baby. I have to wake her up every 3 hours to eat (and sometimes it takes a good 20-30 min to get her to wake up) or else she would sleep 5-6 hours at a time without eating or waking up. I'm hoping she keeps this up for a long time! I am recovering well and haven't had any complication since I have been home from the hospital (the 2nd time!). Brennen is an amazing daddy, always so willing to help with whatever I need and has been at my beckon call, oh how I love him! Being a mom is a lot of work but so worth it, she is such a sweet baby and I love just snuggling with her. I think the thing I have been most surprised with regarding being a parent is the amount of love I feel for her. People always say how the love you have for your children is like none else, and now I know what they mean. I have been brought to tears several times in the last 2 weeks by how much I love her, truly the best kind of tears to have!

Mimi and Avalynn
I gave Bren this shirt when I found out I was pregnant

She always has her legs crossed like this...now I know what the constant pain in my back and stomach were!


1st doctor's appointment with Dr. Watson
Tummy time with Daddy
She sometimes only opens one eye, like its such a strain to open both, I call her my One Eye Jack when she does this

P.S. Some people have asked how you say her name, the Ava part is NOT like the very popular name right now, you say it with a short A (like it sounds in Gavin) and the second A makes an "uh" sound.... Av-uh Lynn. Hope I explained that right. Spelling it Avilynn or Avylynn probably would have made it a little easier but I don't like the "look" of those spellings!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

so happy for you! she's beautiful... and i'm not just saying that. you are brave to wake her up to feed her! i let my kids sleep as long as they will sleep! isaac would go 7 hours from birth... he hardly ever ate more often than that at night unless he was going through a growth spurt. it was amazing! i love how you say her name. way better than the ava pronunciation that is so popular right now... love her cute blanket on top of her while in her crib. did you make it????

Melissa said...

So cute and I love how her legs are crossed. I remember thinking how amazing it was to see them stretch and move when they were so little and remembering what that felt like. We are so blessed! I am glad you xplained her name. I just assumed Ava Lynn. Good explanation! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

She is the most precious little girl ever. She reminds me a lot of Emrie when she was a babe. I love her and want to cuddle her again soon!

Kristine said...

that is so nice to have so much help!

she is a beauty! congrats!!

Tiffany said...

oh and ps. she'll probably cross her legs like that for years! my kids did it at birth and still do it (not as much cameron anymore, but isaac still does).

jsmbbaker said...

What a cute little fart! We were discussing the other day how to say her name... and that really does help! I'll make sure to let the sisters know;)!

Toni said...

What a beautiful baby you guys made! Bren, I LOVE that shirt! Wish I would've thought of something clever like that when I was pregnant with our first.