September 16, 2008

A Balanced Life?

In Relief Society on Sunday the lesson was on having a balanced life. As I sat there listening to the lesson I thought about my life and how unbalanced it feels! This is my schedule right now.

6:45- Get Up
8:15-3:45- School
4:00-8:00- Work
8:00-11:00- Make dinner, clean the house, do laundry, etc

Thank goodness I only have until December with this schedule! Last night as we were eating dinner (around 9:00!) I had to let out a big sigh as I was wishing I could sit down and finish my apron I started 3 months ago, or scrapbook our wedding that happened 3 1/2 years ago, or even just make a decent meal that wasn't from a box or the freezer. But I had to remind myself  that there is a season for everything in life and right now those things just aren't in season. But come December you will find me at home crafting and cooking!

On a lighter note.. school is in season and I decided that I could no longer go with out a laptop. About a year and a half ago, someone who I love dearly but won't mention any names, spilled water on my laptop and it died. So I went 4 semesters with doing the back and forth with documents but decided that I had had enough. With writing lesson plans, making power points, etc. it was time for an upgrade. Here is a picture of me (with a little editing) on my new MacBook! I LOVE it!!

3 comments:

Rose said...

Congrats on your new computer! Sounds like you really needed it.

You are working somewhere else besides doing your student teaching!? Crazy. you are SO busy.

Sarah Nelson said...

I'm excited for you new post! I didn't see this post until just now. A new MacBook! So awesome! Congrats! I love my iMac! We definitely have to hang out again soon! We'll be gone in December... so sad! Don't worry, you'll make it through your busy schedule! December crafting isn't far away!

All my Sweet Things said...

So I'm not a stocker!! I am in charge of decorating tables for our Relief Society and the theme is "Balance You! So I goggled it and your cute site came up. Tell me how did they decorate the tables for dinner etc.... Thanks for your help
As a mother of 6 children my last is on a mission, you are doing everything right with a great attitude and your right there is a time and a season for everything and some day you will wish all your little ones where still little!! enjoy every minute.
Thank