August 17, 2010

Random Thought Tuesday

I have hit the end of the summer wall where I long and dream for

my own bed.
my own couch.
my own kitchen table.
and especially my home decor.
I don't think Bren really gets it on the home decor part,
but I seriously crave making my house feel like a home. Decorated and welcoming.
The even harder part about it this year, is all my cute things
will stay boxed up in storage for at least another 3-4 months. =(

-----

My friend Chelsey and I seem to somehow know or find way too many
stories of little children that just break.my.heart.
I ache for those parents as a read them
and then go and hold Avalynn a little longer and play with her a little more.

-----

My mom and sisters fly in tomorrow afternoon.
SO excited!

-----

Avalynn has started army crawling this week.
Can we say so stinkin cute!
She gets kinda frustrated sometimes when she can't get somewhere fast enough,
and ends up just rolling there.

-----

I put myself on a 1 week timeout from Facebook.
I was wasting way too much time on there
looking at people who I really don't care what they are doing.

7 comments:

Chelsey and Casey said...

Cute, love this idea!

Melissa said...

My advice, don't read those stories too much. They are very depressing! I did that too for awhile. Just be very grateful for your perfectly healthy little girl. And pray every day she is safe! We do take those things for granted though.
How exciting for the fam to come and I can't wait to see her army crawl! LOVES!
XOXO

Michelle Thompson said...

Have fun with your mom and sisters!

Taryn said...

You are right about your home decor. I was with Rhett part of the time hauling stuff out of your townhouse. I kept joking with Rhett that....well, she probably wouldn't notice if I just took this, your stuff is so cute you almost turned me into a thief!haha. Anyway, my point was your home is always decorated so beautifully, I've always admired it. Anyhow, I hope you guys are all doing great. Enjoy the rest of your summer and we will hopefully see you all soon(:
Lots of Love
-Warrens

Attitude of Gratitude said...

When you read people's posts on facebook do you ever think, "I can't believe they just wrote that for everyone on the world wide web to read?" Or is that just me? hmm.
Anyway--may you get to decorate your abode soon!and I think I'm going to have to fly you out someday when I have disposable income to decorate my place. K--great. We're agreed!

Greg and Carly said...

Take a video of her army crawl! I want to see!

Kelly said...

I can relate to missing your own home decor. I'm sure I will be feeling that way soon. We are living in a hotel at the moment and will be moving into a furnished apartment next week, and all my cute things are back at home.