July 10, 2009

It's A.......

GIRL!!!

For some reason I was a little nervous going into the ultrasound, but everything turned out awesome. Everything with the baby looks perfect! The ultrasound tech was really fast at going over the baby and I didn't even realize she was down by the legs until she said "Do you want to know what it is?". I told her yes, and she said "it's a little girl!". I was so excited! I looked over at Bren to see what his reaction was and he was just smiling. I think deep down he wanted a little girl to be smitten by! Although a few minuets later when she went back down to "the girl parts" he said " I think we are going to need a second opinion!", and the lady got a laugh out of that. After we were done I asked her if it is 100% a girl and she said
"100%- Money Back Guarentee!"

Now the next question is a name!

15 comments:

Sarah Nelson said...

I knew it! Yay! Congratulations! Are you so totally excited? Do you have any names picked out yet? I want to hear details about your appointment... you know, your reaction, Brennen's reaction, etc.

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

That is so awesome guys. Congrats. Girls are SOOOOO fun (especially to shop for)! You'll love it.

TyBrit Boyce said...

Yea! Congratulations Cassie!

Webster Family said...

Congratulations! She'll probably be the most adorably dressed girl on the east coast! :)

Sarah Nelson said...

Ha ha! I loved Brennen's comment about a second opinion! When we were told that our baby was a girl, Greg said, "Well, if it turns out to be a boy, he's going to be made fun of!" Wow Greg. The tech laughed and said, "I was thinking that, but I wasn't going to say it!" Good luck with the name hunt! It was especially hard the first time around for us because it felt so overwhelming to be in charge of picking something that your kid is going to be stuck with the rest of their life! I'm excited to hear what you come up with!

jsmbbaker said...

If you want, you can name her Shathrone- I'm just saying;) Ha ha ha! That's awesome! 1 good snack I liked a lot was cucumbers dipped in miracle whip. I know it sounds disgusting, but it was good, and got me some calories that I needed I'm telling you, the PB&J is awesome! Also, I ate TONS of pork chops when I was pregnant with Ansleigh... just something I remember!

Jared said...

Yay! I have been looking forward to this post! Half the anticipation is over, now you just have to wait for her to come into this world!

Love, Stacy (sorry I'm on J's computer!)

Mrs. Haynie said...

hooray for girls! im so excited because it seems like everyone has been having boys lately. i was at baby gap yesterday and just HAD to buy this cute 3 month girl swimsuit. brian thought i was crazy, wondering why i was buying a little girl bathing suit when we don't know anyone with baby girls. but now i know why!!! :)

Michelle Thompson said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Little girls are so much fun and they turn out to be great helpers for mom when they are older and for the next baby.

Jill said...

SO EXCITING! Girls are the best! Congrats! It's fun to dress up! Hey I was going to ask you, where do you get all your madison or damask pattern material? I am looking for drapes, and I know you are fond of that pattern. Thanks!

Tanya said...

YAY!!! Congrats! that is so exciting! Those are cute dresses you guys picked out, she's gonna be so cute!

Danny & Branae Porter said...

Congrats! I can see you now dressing her up in tiara's and jewels! So fun!!

Brittany said...

Congrats Cass! She will be darling. Also, I LOVE garage sales. I mean whats not to like about getting awesome stuff for super cheap?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I somehow missed this post! YAYAYAYA!!! I am so happy for you guys! You are the perfect person to have a girl! YOu have tons of stuff already too. YOu are too cute!

The Marshall's said...

congrats!!! someday maybe we'll have a girl!