April 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary Babe!

Today marks our 3 year anniversary, and I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband, he truly is more than I could have asked for and I love him so much. I was looking through some pictures and put this slide show together.



Shantay also tagged me a while back so I thought I would do the tag since it is our anniversary and could go on talking about Brennen all day!

How did you meet your spouse? Shantay and I grew up together and have been friends pretty much our whole life, well Shan and Arch got married while Brennen was on his mission. My first semester at school was Brennen's first off his mission. Shantay introduced us, we started hanging out, I put up a fight and didn't want to date him (I had a missionary coming home in 2 months), but it looks like Bren won the fight!

Where did you go on your first date? Guitars Unplugged

How long have you been together? We dated for 5 months, were engaged for 2 months, and married 3 years today!

Who eats more? Brennen

Who said I love you first? Brennen. At first Bren was way more into the relationship than I was, but he totally won me over, I am smitten now!

Who is taller? He is.

Who sings better? Hmm...it would probably be Bren. He was in choir in High School...cute huh?!?

Who is smarter? Mostly he is, there might be a subject or two that I'm smarter in.

Who does the laundry and the dishes? I probably do them more, but he defiantly helps when I ask him to.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Bren

Who pays the bills? I do, I actually don't think Bren has paid a single bill since we have been married. If I were to do die I don't think he would know about any of our bills...maybe I should give him a run down!

Who mows the lawn? We don't have a lawn yet..in the Fall!

Who cooks dinner? I do

Who drives when you are together? If we are going on a date or on a road trip Brennen does. But if we are in a city we usually aren't in I do (I'm better with the whole direction thing. But he is getting good!)

Who is more stubborn? That would be me!

Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? Brennen. But I think I am getting better, right babe?

Whose parents do you see the most? It's probably even

Who kissed who first? It was probably mutual

Who proposed? He did. It is a pretty funny story looking back now. We were on our way to St. George to go to my family reunion. I really wanted the ring before we got down there because that was when I was going to tell all my family. Well we went to pick up the ring and the guy told us he thought we were coming on Monday and it still wasn't done. I was so bumbed and got kinda mad. We went to my aunt's house for dinner because we were going to beat my parents to St. George and they had they keys to the house we were staying at. So we hung out at my aunt's house for a few hours and then went to leave. Well this was the first time Brennen had been to my aunt's house and really didn't know his way around town. As we were leaving Bren said Linda had told him this other way to go to get to the freeway. Well being the stubborn one that I can be (especially when it comes to directions!), I got kinda mad at him for not listening to me. This was the first time I had been mad at him. So as we were driving Bren was trying to make me happy, and finally pulled over and said "let's get out and talk about this, I don't want to drive for 3 hours in the car with you mad at me." So then I got even more stubborn and wouldn't get out of the car (it was freezing and snowing mind you!). It took a good 5 minutes for him to convince me to get out of the car. So I finally got out and we started to walk by this park we had pulled off by. Well there in the park was a gazebo with lights and candles all over and in it with music playing and a table with some dessert. So I started feeling really bad at this point and really stupid as well. Brennen said he wanted to do something special for me since he knew the ring wasn't going to be ready and knew I would be sad. So here I was thinking he was going to propose and he busts that out. Well he actually did have the ring and had me going the whole time! Everyone was in on the story and I had NO idea!

Who is more sensitive?Me

Who has more friends? Probably me

Who has more siblings? Bren does... 2 brothers 2 sisters. I have two sisters one brother.

Who wears the pants in the family? That's a tough one, I think it is probably even

So there is a little Ames family history! Bren, I love you so much and am so blessed to have you as my husband!

5 comments:

Shantay* said...

Awe how cute you guys are! Its been a fun three years for us too... well really more life four years since you've been around since we've been married, but we've had a blast with you guys so far! Lets keep the fun times rolling!

Kristine said...

Cute post! I love the slide show. Your wedding pics are beautiful!

STCLIFFORD said...

Congrats Cass & Brennen!! It's weird not seeing you everyday. When it gets warm we'll have to do something.

Melissa said...

LOVE the slideshow! Wow, I can not believe it's been 3 years! Much love girly!!

Sarah Nelson said...

Happy Anniversary! Three years goes by so fast! How's SLC?