Dance
I signed Avalynn up for a dance class at the rec center and to say she loved it would be an understatement. She was so excited to go, loved the class, and couldn't stop talking about it for days after! She actually only got to do 2 classes because one week it was spring break and the other week her teacher was sick, but we will sign her up again for another session.
Just a little story that I don't want to forget... I hadn't found actual tap shoes for the first class and wasn't about to spend $25 for dance shoes she was going to wear 4 times so I just had her wear her black church shoes. She didn't seem to notice one bit that they didn't actually make sound so I decided unless I found a great deal on tap shoes she could just wear those for now. The next class Brennen took her while I stayed home with Rawson and he said when it got time to put their tap shoes on she got super shy and wouldn't do any of the things the teacher asked. He said at one point she tapped her toe and you could tell she realized her shoes weren't like the other girls. My heart broke when he told me this! I talked to her about it and asked her questions about her tap shoes and she said with her head hung and sad "mine broke". I asked her if we should go to the store and see if we could find some and she said "yeah, like my friends". I felt so bad that she knew her shoes were different than everyone elses, but I guess it's experiences like this that will shape her character and teach mom a lesson that nothing gets by a 2 year old! And we lucked out and found tap shoes in her size at Once Upon a Child for $4!
2 comments:
There is nothing cuter than a little girl in her dance tights...
How sad. I am glad you found a great deal on some! The last pic of her dancing is so cute!
Post a Comment