January 1, 2009

Happy 2009

For some reason I am really excited about 2009! I think it may be that looking forward everything is looking good and exciting. No school to dread going back to, Brennen and I will have lots of time together with both of us graduated, and I know there are bright things in the future. For my goals this year I decided to just set 3 main goals and realized that everything else I want/need to do falls within those. 

1) Build a better relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ
2) Increase my relationships as a family member
3) Continually improve myself. Be better tomorrow than I am today

I also wrote down some ways that will help me to accomplish these goals. I am excited to work on them this year. My sister, Cami, quoted a scripture in her letter this week that I think I am going to have be my "scripture of the year" it is:
Helaman 12:1 "Yea, we can see that the Lord in his great infinite goodness doth bless and prosper those who put their trust in him." 

There are some things in my life right now that I need to have great trust in him, so I think this scripture applies greatly to me right now.

I wrote an article on Little Window Shoppe about goal setting, let me know what you think. Click here to go there!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post!

Anonymous said...

Those are three wonderful goals, Happy New Year Cassie!

kel said...

fantastic goals!!

Unknown said...

Hey Cassie,
This whole grocery thing is crazy huh? I used to thinkWe actually made another $6.00today. Who thought we could actually get paid to buy $40 worth of groceries??!! Anyway, it's something my sister has always done that I used to think was kinda lame, but it becomes addicting! I was asked to post over at tangledandtrue.com so you can go back to all my posts on how to do it there. krazycouponmoms.blogspot.com is another I post for and they have great ideas about everything. Let me know how it goes.

Dayna Jamison said...

Those are great goals Cassie. And I love that scripture.