October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday

A few things I am thankful for today:


1) Brennen- I don't think I can find enough words to express how thankful I am for Brennen. Lately he has pretty much taken full responsibility of keeping the house clean and in order, since after teaching/working 12 hours every day I want nothing to do with anything but the couch or my bed! Today I came home and he had done/folded 2 loads of laundry, unloaded, loaded, and unloaded the dishwasher, completely cleaned the kitchen, and cleaned and vacuumed the whole house. Dang, I have the BEST husband!

2) Student Teaching- I am loving teaching right now. My students are so good and so much fun. I learn something new everyday, and it is such a rewarding thing to know the kids like you and to hear you all the hard work is actually influencing lives.

3) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints- I am so thankful to be a member of this church! I am grateful to know that when I am struggling or need answers to questions in my life I have a Father in Heaven who loves and knows me that I can pray to for answers and comfort.

 There are so many other things I have to be Thankful for in my life right now. The other night I was really stressed out with some things and Brennen started singing the song "Count Your Many Blessings" and I had a thought come to me; "It's not that I don't count my many blessings because I know I have lots. But sometimes it is hard to decide which good thing/blessing I should choose". How thankful I am to have to choose between good things than not have any at all. I am truly blessed.

4 comments:

tammy said...

That is a great list! And I love what you said about having to choose between lots of good things, than not having anything at all to choose from. We are always blessed with something, even if it may seem small.

tammy said...

Oh and I want to order some things from your store, as soon as I can make up my mind!

Nessa said...

Hi there, just stopping by from SSS and wanted to say I like your list. Those are all wonderful things to be thankful for :)

Jenna said...

Hey! Where were you guys last night? Well, just know that we missed you guys. The party turned out really great. I was a little nervous that there would be too many people, but it was perfect. Talk to you soon.