August 27, 2008

Survived Week 1

I lived through the first week of student teaching, which wasn't bad at all. I'm not really doing any teaching right now, so I guess we will see how the first week goes after teaching full time. It is so funny to be around teenagers all day. Every time I walk down the hall I think how I wish I had a camera hidden on me and could take a picture of the things I see. I guess the same things happened when I was in high school, but now being the adult I laugh and roll my eyes! The first funny story I have is from Monday. We were watching a movie in one of the classes and a girl starts freaking out saying "Oh my gosh, that is the biggest spider I have ever seen". So I walk over there and yeah it wasn't a little guy, but no tarantula. So being the "teacher" I got to be the lucky one to step on it and kill. I'm no fan of spiders and usually am the one yelling to Brennen to come and kill it, but I quickly learned as the teacher you get to put on the "not afraid" roll!

Brennen has 3 more days of knocking, and I have never been more excited for the summer to be over! I can't wait to have him home. I am off to Utah this weekend to get all our things out of our apartment down there, and will meet up with my parents who will be up from St. George. I'm excited to see them, and the next post will have pictures I promise!

3 comments:

kelly said...

i'm sure you are a wonderful teacher. the kids probably love having you there.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Congrats on almost being done! I used to be a teacher so I know how exhausting it can be! :) Thanks for visiting me today too!
-Carrie

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, spiders are so scary. Try living in Austin! I was vacuuming around a sofa a couple days ago and moved the sofa a few inches and saw a scorpion crawling on the back of it with its tail arched over it's body toward the front (like they do) and grossed out so badly. Luckily my husband was home and could get it for me. He uses pliers and flushes them down the toilet. I haven't wanted to sit or lie on that sofa ever since. Wanna new sofa? lol