Politics
**Disclaimer** I have debated whether to post these thoughts or not because I have had several friends have really nasty/mean/unnecessary comments on their blogs after talking about a political item. If you don't like my views or opinion, fine. Keep it to yourself. This is my blog not yours!**
The last couple days I have had some time to think about what is going on in our Nation. Last night I watched the polls come in and came to the realization that my candidate of choice was not going to win. But I had this thought come to me "even though the person I chose to elect didn't win, I am so blessed to be able to vote and have my opinions voiced in this country." I realize that my one vote isn't going to decide who the next president will be, but I am thankful to be able to go and fill in the oval for who I choose.
I decided that I like Sarah Palin. I wasn't able to watch much of her interviews or speeches, but to do what she has done in the last couple months makes her an amazing woman in my eyes. Having a small baby, traveling across the country with a family, dealing with the criticism she has gotten, but still standing strong and tall would take a lot. I'm not sure if I could do it. The thing that made me really decide I like her, was a video shot of her today in jeans and a hoodie getting into a van with her kids. A classy woman like her who is able to still have her jeans and hoodie days is a REAL woman!
I will admit that I am a little nervous for what is to come in our country, but I am thankful for the knowledge I have of the faith I believe in. I will leave what is to come in His hands, and just keep doing what is right.
3 comments:
I agree.
I'm thankful that we live in a country where we have the right to vote and the right to choose and do as we please.
Although I really don't want to stand behind our up and coming president, I need to do my best to support where I can. Which, is going to be hard. I think this country is now in for a change... but not a change that we wanted.
I'm just SO VERY THANKFUL that I know that Heavenly Father is in control and keeping my faith in Him makes everything seem ok. I'm just glad I know the eternal perspective of things.
Make me even more thankful to be a part of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints.
Great thoughts.
I completely agree and LOVE Palin too. Some people were so turned off by her, but I liked her within the first few seconds I heard her talk. 2012??
Post a Comment